Friends of Honduran Children
Part-Time Office Assistant
Interested applicants may email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate ‘Office Assistant position’ in the subject line of the email. Applications to be received by October 2, 2019.
Friends of Honduran Children is a grass-roots charity enacting a mission to improve the lives of Honduran children by supporting basic needs and empowering them to break the cycle of desperate poverty.
The Office Assistant works cooperatively with volunteers, committees and co-workers to provide clerical support within a well-established charity. This position reports to the Office Manager of Friends of Honduran Children (FoHC) and consists of 15-21 hours a week. This is a six month contract position with the possibility of extension.
- Maintain sponsorship records, working with our partner organizations and committees to support timely communication with donors.
- Utilizing donation software, record donations and carry out related transactions and correspondence. Update donor and brigade files as necessary.
- Assist with community outreach via newsletters, blogs and social media.
- Participate in the planning of events as required.
- Field office-related inquiries by phone, email and regular mail, providing office coverage when required.
- Other activities as defined by the FoHC Office Manager and Board of Directors.
- Responsible, organized, and flexible team player.
- Exceptional communications skills – able to interact effectively with volunteers, donors and our Honduran partner Sociedad Amigos de los Niños.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and willingness to apply skills to new software and systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of FoHC or a similar organization
- Spanish Language skills
- Experience working in a small office environment
- Donation database knowledge
- Experience with other NGO’s or charities